Beijing, China – Questions
Highlight the correct answer for each question.
1) How long has Beijing been China’s centre for Government?
a) Almost 20 years b) Almost 200 years
c)Almost 800 years d) Almost 80 years
2) Which two rivers does Beijing sit between?
a) Yongding and Yellow Rivers b) Yangtze and Yellow Rivers
c) Chobai and Yangtze RIvers d) Yongding and Chobai Rivers
3) After not letting people in for hundreds of years, what is the Forbidden City now?
a) A theme park b) A government building
c) A museum d) A military base
4) Which of Beijing’s Parks contains the “Temple of Heaven”?
a) Beihai Park b) Tiantan Park
c) Tiananmen Square d) Cornwall Park
5) Who was the leader responsible for naming Beijing “Dadu” in the 1200’s?
a) Vladimir Putin b) Donald Trump
c) Kublai Khan d) Ghengis Khan
6) Tiananmen Square is one of the most famous places in Beijing, but what is a “Tiananmen”?\
The Gate Of Heavenly Place.
7) Beijing does something that is “unlike” other big cities – what is it? Factories in Beijing make cloth, cars, electronics, computers, and machinery. Unlike in many large cities, farmers
8) Do you think it is important for countries to look after ancient and old places like The Forbidden City?
Explain your answer in 2 or more sentences
I think its important to look after ancient buildings because even if its all broken down we should not let it just turn into ruins