Last week me Blessing, Salem, and Odyn had a hard time making the scarecrow but it was a fun experience working together.
For the last week we have been learning about reciprocal reading, reciprocal reading is where everybody in the group has a role. There are 6 roles, The leader, Predictor, Summariser, Clarifier, Questioner, and the visualiser.
Highlight the correct answer, or type in what you think is correct.
- The technique of looking for and locating objects on the shore to navigate is called?
- a) Navigation
- b) Dead Reckoning
- c) Piloting
- d) Lighthouses
2.What is dead reckoning?
- a) Using objects on the shore to navigate
- b) Recording how far you have travelled in each direction based on a fixed point
- c) Using the stars and Sun to decide which way to go
- d) Making dead people decide which way to go
- Using the Sun, Moon, and stars to navigate is called?
- a) Celestial movement b) Global Positioning System
- c) Celestial Navigation d) none of the above
- Explain, in your own words, how you think GPS (Global Positioning Systems) work.
→I think GPS works where it tracks your location.
- True or False: Submarines use high frequency radiation to navigate underwater.
- a) True b) False
- What are the people outside of an aircraft who help navigate planes called?
- a) Pilots b) Navigators
- c) Air Traffic Controllers d) Playstation Controllers
|WORD||DEFINITION||YOUR OWN SENTENCE|
|celestial||positioned in or relating to the sky, or outer space as observed in astronomy.||The late afternoon sunlight gave the room a celestial glow.|
|global||relating to the whole world; worldwide||Why isn’t this GPS (Global Positioning System) working|
|compass||an instrument containing a magnetised pointer which shows the direction of magnetic north and bearings from it.||Why isn’t this compass working!|
Opinion Writing Task
Your job today is to write a short essay answering the following question.
Should gaming be taught in schools?
We have brainstormed some of the things that gaming can teach us. You need to decide whether you…
AGREE or DISAGREE
Choose three STRONG points you would like to make to support your opinion, and put them into the places below;
|Point One: I think it’s good because kids can learn coding and programming.|
|Point Two: Games like minecraft for example teaches kids about survival basic skills|
|Point Three: And games could relieve stress from school.|
|In the space below begin your writing; I think games should be taught in class because kids can learn coding and programming.
For example, games like minecraft teach kids about basic survival skills and also games relieve stress from school. Games also benefit you by,
having a quick reaction time, problem solving, decision making and many other sorts of things. But games do have their downfall as it does cause an addiction and laziness.